Saturday, March 17, 2012

Irish Charm


Last night, for the first time, I saw The Duke on the big screen. I'm something of a classic film buff and, thanks to Butch, I've seen LOTS of John Wayne flicks. I love the chemistry between him and Maureen O'Hara, so I was thrilled to see The Quiet Man. It was shown at Detroit's Redford Theater, built in 1928. This place is beautifully restored, with a ceiling that looks like a night sky complete with twinkling stars!

This flick was filmed in Ireland and, being St. Pat's weekend, the organist belted out a couple mournful Irish tunes as well as a few jigs. What a treat!
Today brought a trip to the Land o' Lakes, the Irish Hills with Mom and Sal. Lunch was corned beef, followed up with a shamrock shake.
In Florida, I met an Irish couple who run a B&B in Ireland's remote wilderness. I will go stay with Jerry & Hannah sometime. If you're on Facebook, give a "like" to their Leim Siar Bed & Breakfast at: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1716168726&ref=tn_tnmn#!/leimsiarbedandreakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment