Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Love Lies Bleeding


Remember the ballet based on Elton John’s music that I wrote about a year or so ago? Apparently, it’s been a huge hit and the Edmonton Ballet has been performing it all around Canada for over a year.
One hour of it was televised on CBC last night, and I was lucky enough to catch it. It’s amazing! Putting classical ballet choreography to pop music created acrobatic-like scenes and the energy is powerful. It’s based more on Elton’s life than his music, so it’s complete with outlandish costumes, drag queens and gender ambiguity. Of course, the music isn’t bad, either . . .
Now I REALLY want to see it!

2 comments:

  1. what do you mean the music isn't bad, it's ELTON, the music is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read it, I thought you actually wrote the ballet, about a year ago, and wondered why you didn't mention it. Now I see you wrote about it in your blog and didn't actually write the ballet. Glad we got that cleared up.

    ReplyDelete