Friday, November 4, 2011

Turkish Dessert



********Ann Arbor has so many wonderful ethnic restaurants. One of my favorites is Ayse’s, a nice little Turkish restaurant. Ayse (eye-sha) is the owner, and a trip to her establishment is always a bit of an indulgence. Small side dishes are served individually on tiny plates, there’s special silver just for the coffee, and much of the tableware is of beautiful, hand-painted Turkish patterns. I tend to forget to make everyday things special, so I’m easily charmed by the “dressing up” of daily life.


On my last trip to Ayse’s, I sampled a dessert bar with carrots and walnuts, topped with coconut shavings. It was wonderful! I’ve been trying to recreate it ever since, with no luck finding a recipe. After countless google attempts, I finally learned, through a Polish lady’s blog, that this dessert is traditionally served as bite-sized balls. I now have plenty of recipes for Turkish Carrot Balls, but still haven’t found the one I want. I’ll try another this weekend.
As my housemate says, “The rejects are still pretty tasty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment