Thursday, September 16, 2010

Puerto Rico




******Sunday, I’m headed back to Puerto Rico for two weeks. I can’t wait! This time, I’m taking live-aboard sailing lessons. Seven days will be instruction with three more days onboard for sightseeing. I’ll spend a couple nights in a hotel, too.
The sailboat will be docked at a marina in Fajardo, near El Yunque, the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. Forest System. I’m planning to make a trip to the neighbor island of Vieques to kayak (at night!) through a “bio bay,” which hosts floating organisms that are bioluminescent and light up in the dark. I also hope to make a trip to Culebra, another of the Spanish Virgin Islands (Puerto Rico’s chain) to do a little snorkeling.
Overall, though, the trip is about sailing. I’ve wanted to learn to sail for ages, so I can charter a boat and sail the Great Lakes. I’m so happy to finally be doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment