Monday, May 2, 2011

Bean & Cheese Burritos


Mom and I went to a lamb chop dinner the other night. Earlier in the day, I had seen a "Lambs for Sale" sign that gave me a little start, but we already had plans.
I have only had lamb a couple times, neither within the last 20 years. It was nicely seasoned and tasted good. A couple bites into the meal, though, a lady from the post came to chat with us and mentioned that, "This was just cut this morning. It's as fresh as it can be." Uh, huh.
I looked at the chops on my plate and imagined them intact, as pink flesh wrapped in soft fluffy wool. Breathing. Playing in a pasture. Just 12 hours earlier.
I don't know why I don't get the point; I go through this fairly regularly. This bothers me.
So, I'm off the meat again. The last time I went veg, I ended up sodium and protein deficient. I'm going to work to include more beans this time.
I'll be happy to miss out on all the antibiotics and other crap that "meat producers" are pumping into our food, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment