Friday, June 18, 2010

My Little Corner



****************I sit in a cubicle at work. I know that’s supposed to make me feel like a number, but it doesn’t. I kind of like it. It’s fun to tack stuff I like all over the walls.
Mine nook is decorated with some of my favorite pictures, a grave-rubbing that my sister did, a bright piece of embroidery of hot air balloons and some of my favorite quotes:
“It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link of the chain of destiny can be handled at a time.” - Winston Churchill
“Humor is just Schadenfreude with a clear conscience.” - Neitzsche
“Truth, however profound, when it is not yours still remains untruth.” - Sri Bhagavan
“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Only birthday plans should be whispered. Otherwise, what can’t be said aloud probably shouldn’t be said.”
“The more precisely you plan, the harder destiny will hit you.” - Anonymous
“Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.” - Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment