Thursday, January 6, 2011

Roomies


I have a roommate!
Nance stayed with me for about a month a few years ago. She is retired and took care of all my home chores for me: cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, garbage, etc. My cats adore her; she spoils them with constant attention and (unlike me) never does anything they don’t like.
She became the regular caretaker for my cats, so she has spent a lot of time at the house. She is familiar with all of the home’s idiosyncrasies – don’t drink the well water, watch for raccoons in the garage loft, don’t run water from two or more receptacles at a time, pump out the crawl space in the spring, etc. She’s fine with my erratic schedule and she likes my cats.
Nance has been there two nights and I and my cats are already spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment