Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Home Improvements




I love the new garage! Well, it’s the same garage, but it feels different. The overhead door makes the old place seem more modern and normal.
I’ve become accustomed to things around the house that aren’t particularly convenient, just because that’s the way they are. But, I’m getting used to the convenience much more quickly!
I had another access door added on the opposite side of the garage, too. This created the only northern access about midway along the 90' length of the house/garage. I don’t have to walk all the way around the house or garage anymore! Since I recently had a clothesline installed back there, it will be much easier for me to keep one of my “green” resolutions this spring.
I can see how people go overboard on home improvement and spend more on upgrades than they can realize on returns. It’s addictive!
Note the little wooden "tunnel" on the outside of the left slider door in the "before" pic. That's how the stray cats got into their home, my garage. I had to make another one elsewhere in the garage. Yes, I actually cut a hole in the garage for the stray cats. I might be a half a bubble off!

No comments:

Post a Comment