Monday, January 25, 2010

Mama's Here!


She's in! Whew, I'm glad she finally made it!
The move, itself, will probably go on for weeks, as she finds that she needs things. The house is a disaster! Everything is crammed into two rooms and I can't find my keys.
When sis and I returned with the final load, my aunt brought stuffed shells and spinach pie over for dinner for us. What a fun first meal for everyone!
Now, we can get settled and see how our routines will work themselves out. We won't actually know until I get back to work, but there's still so much to be done. I have three weeks to get comfortable with material for a class that I'm instructing for the first time, so I'm going to be rather distracted for a while. This is for a project I've considered for a long time and I've been working on it for two years, so I really need to focus (not my strong suit).
Luckliy, my sister is planning to come over while I'm working to “help Mom with eating.” That means that she will make sure she's not living on cereal and ice cream . . . Mom calls my sister “Sarge,” because she's a tad bossy. It's the perfect nickname for her!
The pic shows Mom's bed and, next to it, the air horn in case she needs to wake me up at night. I'm a deep sleeper. Note the (unfocused) acorn-shaped ceiling fan pull I found for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment