Friday, January 29, 2010

Lessons


Do you sometimes just KNOW that you’re supposed to learn from an experience?
I had dinner at a friend’s last night. She is west of here, so I drove about 30 miles into a beautiful sunset. At 70 mph, I was driving with the window down, snapping pics of the sky. I got a few nice ones.
This morning, as I ran around collecting the garbage, feeding the cats, taking Mom’s little dog out and giving him his meds, I was stressed about how much I had to do. I was worried about being late to work, getting Mom’s breakfast setting on the table, getting the litter boxes cleaned, blah, blah, blah.
When I dropped the garbage, this vision is what lay before me - the lavenders and the pinks and the grays. This is one of the prettiest sunrises I’ve seen in ages.
This was taken right at the end of my driveway. And, despite how I enjoyed last night's sunset, I could have missed this, worrying about what had to get done.
It wouldn’t be the first time that I’ve overlooked the blessings right under my nose. It makes me think about how lucky I am to have a reason to set the table. Thanks, Mom, for giving me that.
I want to enjoy my tasks, not just get through them. Gotta work on that . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment