Saturday, February 13, 2010

Uh, Oh

Mom fell. It could have been quite a setback, because she ended up in the emergency room with a gash in her head. However, she’s taking it pretty well, referring to “my $1,000 ambulance ride.” Thankfully, “Sarge” and I had already decided that she shouldn’t be showering when she was home alone, so my sister was there at the time. Mom finds it hysterical that when my sister responded to her call for help, she came into the bathroom, saw her on the floor of the shower with the shower curtain wrapped around her, the shower head squirting water all over and said, “Mom, what are you doing?” She’s been telling people that she responded, “I’m scrubbing the floor,” but I don’t know if that’s true.
We’ll be replacing the shower chair from which she slipped and making sure she has secure footing, but you can’t think of everything.
I know this has nothing to do with the stroke and that it could happen to anyone. It’s still scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment