Tuesday, March 23, 2010

News


Hometown Happiness
As I said, my sister has moved in with Mom. She is settling into living back in our hometown SO WELL!
She is really enjoying reconnecting with people she hasn't seen for 20 years, getting to know people she never knew well and being back in a small town. When she takes her dog for a walk, she has a few Tupperware boxes with her; she delivers goodies along the way. It's like that when you know half the people in town.
I really admire the way she can completely throw herself into her surroundings. I don't have that ability; I'm always eyeing up the next thing on "my list." My sister, though, lives completely in the moment.
She's hoping for approval to start a community garden. She's been involved with a number of them, but in bigger cities. This project would be so beneficial for this tiny community where there isn't much to engage the residents. Unless you hang out at the library or have children attending school, there's nothing to bring residents together.
I hope this works for her!

Bi-State Classes

My class went well last night. For some reason, there's less pressure when it's in two parts. If something goes wrong, I guess I think I could fix it next week!
I'm very relieved, since I have proposals all over the place and I hadn't organized the material for the second state.
This whole project has been such an experience. It should be out of my comfort zone, but I'm not uncomfortable!


Tucson in the Autumn!
The group trip to Arizona is set! There will be 4 or 5 of us going, so we're planning to rent a home instead of staying in a hotel.
I'm excited about hiking around the Santa Catalina mountains and being back in a desert landscape. That is completely different from my home, so it's very intriguing. Except for the rattlers . . .
If you've never looked at the vrbo or frbo web sites, be sure to poke around on them a bit. I booked a few stays in Puerto Rico last year. We unwittingly landed in a spectacular mountainside retreat with Caribbean views owned by famous New York City artist, Walter Gurbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment